Acceptance from the Expected Academic Advisor
An acceptance from the expected academic advisor should be obtained in advance with `Prescribed Form 4: Academic Referee Report’ filled by the academic advisor.
Tips of Obtaining of Acceptance from the Expected Academic Advisor
- Read past research papers/thesis of your academic field as many as possible.
- Identify a professor as your academic advisor. You may choose your academic supervisor of master’s degree if you obtained your degree from a graduate school in Japan.
* Please visit the website of the graduate school that your expecting academic advisor is belonging to, and confirm that is has (1) Autumun/Fall matriculation system, and (2) English medium Ph.D. course.
- Request JDS project office to send ‘Letter of Cooperation’ to the graduate school that your expected academic advisor is belonging to, that requests to issue `Prescribed Form 4: Academic Referee Report’ as an acceptance.
- Contact the professor with your CV (Professional and Academic Record), research plan and your past research papers/thesis, and request the academic advisor to fill `Prescribed Form 4: Academic Referee Report’ and send it to the JDS project office.
Note on Requesting for Academic Referee Report
1. Saitama University, Graduate School of Science and Engineering
Please contact following Foreign Student Office (FSO), instead of contacting your expected academic advisor.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Person in charge: Ms. Sachiko Shimodaira
2. Kyushu University, Graduate School of Law
Only JDS alumni of Graduate School of Law, Kyushu University is eligible to apply for Doctoral Programme in Law (LL.D.).
3. International University of Japan (IUJ), Graduate School of International Management
There is no PhD course in Graduate School of International Management. Graduate School of International Relations offers PhD programme in Economics, Public Management, and International Relations.